Post-pregnancy weights

6:14:00 PM hanny arianty gultom 2 Comments

I always want to be potrayed as a classy yet sophisticated mommy. I thought despite the hectiness of adapting your new role, your "look" is well to be maintained for the goodness of your children and husband and most importantly, yourself.  I know that most mother will not think about herself in the very first place, but being just a nice-looking mommy is worth at the end.

I forgot this idea in my 7 months after birth. I ignored the echoes of telling me that I am fat, ugly, fat, different, fat, not interesting, fat or things like that from people around me. I am a breastfeeding mommy, I don't think anything else.

It has been 9 months since I got birth to MJ and took me that long to loose 8 kg. I am one of that women who need more extra work to loose the weight as I read some of the mom stories who had the same problem like me. Fantastically, after birth I didn't loose any weight but gained more.

It's not that only I have trouble wearing my now-limited clothes, but on top of that, my leg got numb and tingle often. Since I gained my weight I also have the difficulty moving my body, like one day I joined an aerobic together with my colleagues, it took me lots of work to jump couple times. I had this strong enthusiasm, but unfortunately my body couldn't balance it.

It's like a wake up call for me, since it's dealing with my health. I knew that it was a serious thing, so I decided to loose some weights, seriously. I was happened to hop by on Tara's blog, at that time she was having a getsbackinshape program of hers, she inspired me to do the same thing, though I know it kindda impossible for me to back to my shape.

On MJ's 8th months of birth, after he can have more nutrition besides my freshmilk, I started to try a non-salt diet, or they call it Mayo. It has this 13 days of menu to consume which is okay for the breastfeeding mothers, the baby still have a complete nutritions. I didn't have this tight diet, as I cheated a non-fat butter, a low calorie sweetener and even skipped the lunch menu and ate at the Batak's wedding party. I said to myself from the beginning that I would stop if I couldn't make it any longer, and yes, I stopped at the 9th day because eating boiled eggs and potatoes not interesting anymore. I lost 5 kg.

Loosing 5 kg, make my body lighter and fresher, though I am still 10 kgs to go to my normal weights, I don't have this intention to have some more diet programs. I try to have an exercises, possibly at night or morning for 10-15 minutes and eating a proper salt and sweet.

The bottom line, is not merely about loosing weights, the numbers, but being a healthy and happy mother will give you more energy and bring a positive vibe around you, especially to your baby.


As I love to look simple yet chick too, this is my simple yet chick set I made. I am a jewelry freak and I love this gypsy warrior necklace from Zalora, to see more of their collections you can visit their website here.

You Might Also Like

2 comments: