Teacher's Talk

3:15:00 PM hanny arianty gultom 0 Comments

perfectly captured by @paykoff

I've been blessed with both the opportunity and challenges to teach teenagers and early years.

I'd been teaching Teenagers for almost 7 years and now I'm in my 3rd year of teaching the Early Years.

Like you can imagine the big age gap that I have to adapt from teaching 14-17 years old kids to 3-6 years old kids, it's a like 11 years gap!

It was indeed a challenging situation that I need to adapt when all of the sudden you need to tell "all" the things that you don't need to say to teenagers, repetitively and where you need to think and sometimes "be" like an early years!, reading their mind is a skill to master too.

So what's the difference between teaching them?

Teaching teenagers means like I am the resources they needed me to be, just like a glass of water, I felt like I need to be full and overflown by any means of knowledge and good attitude, to transfer my knowledge and be a good example for them. I used to act like their mother, to be so chatty, and be their friends when they needed me to be one.

Buttt,

Surprisingly, teaching early years, it's the other absolutely way a round. I felt like I had my glass empty! They gave me so much energy, knowledge and wisdom so that my glass keep full. I am just their real supporter and facilitator, but they, most of the time, are teaching me; how to be so imaginative and "wild", to be happy in such a simple thing, how to be brave in discovering new things, be brave of just running and climbing, be nice, and the things that I almost forgot during my 30s. 

Being them for almost 3 years now, I have lots of things to share with you! Bare with me with my posting time management, but soon I'll share some more of my ideas and thoughts about them.

Happy Saturday peeps! :)







You Might Also Like

0 comments: